L. Taylor Banks, CISSP
+1 (800) 988.4859
2566 Shallowford Road, Suite 104-333
Atlanta, Georgia 30345-1202
Senior technical executive with an extensive background in all aspects of the computer networking and information security industries. Proven leadership, communication, negotiation, and analytical skills. Decisive, solutions-focused and results-oriented, with an emphasis on maximizing operating efficiencies and growing revenue and margins, for both start-ups and established enterprises. Over 10 years designing, implementing, managing, teaching and selling secure information systems operations to the public and private sector, from small businesses to Fortune 100.
KnowThreat is the product of decades of collaborative experience providing network and information security architecture, design, research, development, implementation, consultation, and training to individuals, businesses and governments, large and small.
- Specialize in Strategic Security Planning, Tactical Security Research, Operational Threat Mitigation and Experiential Security and Technology Education
Sep 2006-Jun 2007
InfoWeapons' Solid Infrastructure Appliances provide governments, carriers, and large enterprise networks with superior infrastructure today, while ready for tomorrow with native 64-bit architecture and dual-stack design (IPv4 / IPv6). Durng my tenure at InfoWeapons, I was both Chief Security Architect and Director of Sales Engineering, providing core product security vision, sales engineering management, and product management oversight.
Chief Security Architect
- Defined, managed and enforced information and network security policies and procedures
- Devised security architecture assessment process for InfoWeapons' Solid Infrastructure products
- Managed ISO 27001 compliance assurance and auditing
- Established secure software development processes and procedures
Director of Sales Engineering
- Established and defined InfoWeapons' Sales Engineering Practice and provided day-to-day management of all Technical Pre-Sales processes including product demonstrations, customer evaluations, network integration assistance, and ongoing project and customer relationship management
- Worked with Sales to respond to RFI/RFPs and directly managed large Federal accounts
- Worked with Marketing to provide technical product management, defining road maps and PRDs
- Worked with Engineering to structure and streamline software development processes
Oct 2004-Sep 2006
Caymas' award-winning Identity-Driven Access Gateways deliver universal access, Identity-Based Access control, integrated application security, federated policy enforcement, and radical price/performance for worldwide enterprise networks.
Southeast Systems Engineering Manager
- Instrumental in recruiting all channel partners in Southeast territory
- Responsible for all channel partner sales and systems engineering training
- Designed program to assist channel partners in solution sales around Caymas' product-line, resulting in a 400% increase in quarterly revenues
- Manage all Southeast pre-sales and post-sales engineering engagements
- Serve as technical lead for Caymas SE's across the U.S.
Sr. Sales Systems Engineer
- Responsible for all technical pre-sales support including product demonstrations, customer evaluations, and network integration assistance
- Across all CIO-level sales presentations and on-line demonstrations I performed, over 70% resulted in on-site trial evaluations, of which 50% resulted in direct sales
Jan 2003-Jun 2004
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Combining the latest Internetwork and Information Security technologies with decades of experience, ReDvolution's team of multi-disciplinary security experts helped numerous organizations build and maintain secure, high-performance infrastructure.
President and Co-CEO
- Managed all aspects of Sales, Marketing, and Security Consulting Services
- Hired and trained Sales Manager and sales force to expand our reach into international markets
- Established partnership with international Institute for Security and Open Methodologies to exclusively provide "OSSTM Professional Security Tester" Training and Certification across Eastern U.S. and throughout Central and South America
- Established partnership with TechAssist to co-brand and deliver our Applied Computer Forensics training to their customer-base of over 500 enterprise clients
- Established partnership with (ISC)2 to develop hands-on labs for SSCP Certification training
Director of Security Services
- Defined and delivered all Security Service offerings, including Vulnerability Assessment, Penetration Testing, Security Architecture and Security Integration services
- Authored and delivered all security courseware including "Applied Penetration Testing", "Applied Computer Forensics" and "Advanced Open Source Security" courses
- Inventor of Experiential Security Training, a hands-on methodology built upon advanced learning theory and utilizing interactive labs with multimedia reinforcement of core principles
- Responsible for training and certifying all instructors and consultants
Aug 2002-Dec 2002
Vigilar is dedicated to the delivery of security solutions of exceptional quality, design and value that enable customers to mitigate and manage security risks that threaten their competitive advantage or market position.
Practice Manager, Information Assurance and Forensic Services
- Developed and managed Risk Assessment and Penetration Testing services
- Developed revised Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing Methodologies, implementing systems for quantifiable risk analysis
- Developed revised "Hacking and Assessment Bootcamp" courseware
- Built Advanced Hacking Labs to support "Hacking and Assessment Bootcamp" courseware
- Established baseline for Forensic services, methodologies for Forensic Investigations and created the foundation for future Computer Forensic training courses
Jun 1999-Jul 2002
Mountain View, CA
VeriSign Inc (NASDAQ: VRSN) operates intelligent infrastructure services that enable and protect billions of interactions every day across the world's voice and data networks.
Sr. Security Engineer
- Responsibilities included authoring and delivering training and consultation in all areas of Network and Internet Security Engineering
- Founding member of SecureIT's F.I.R.E. (Forensics and Intrusion Response Engineering) Team
- Delivered CheckPoint Administrator and Engineer-level Certification Training and authored and delivered Nokia Security Administrator Certification Training
- Authored and delivered VeriSign's "Applied Hacking and Countermeasures" class
- Authored and delivered the first commercial security class oriented around open-source methodologies, VeriSign's "Open Source Security Tools Training"
- Authored Network Associates' CyberCop Training classes, and delivered training across the U.S. and throughout Europe, including England, Portugal, Germany, and The Netherlands
- Provided customized security training for Ernst and Young, PriceWaterhouseCooper, and IBM Global Services as well as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the US Department of Defense, and the National Security Agency
Sodexho is the leading food and facilities management services company in North America.
Network and Internet Security Consultant
- Responsible for security architecture and network infrastructure for internal network at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Georgia
- Responsible for telecommunications requirements, planning, and budgeting
- Implemented hardened Windows NT Servers to compliment existing Novell 3.12 environment
- Designed, engineered and implemented a challenge/response authentication system to replace static password-based authentication system
SunTrust Equitable Securities, Inc. is the investment banking subsidiary of SunTrust Banks, Inc., the nation's ninth largest commercial banking organization. The industry focuses of SunTrust Equitable Securities include technology, health care, textiles and apparel, and agrifoods.
Senior Network Engineer / 1 Month Contract Engagement
- Provided system design and network engineering services to reconcile interaction incompatibilities with proprietary in-house software in Windows NT network
- Designed system images for trading-floor workstations and configured Windows NT network to allow for centrally managed authentication
- Designed and built a Windows NT replication server to allow creation of workstations for new employees within very tight time constraints
Gwinnett County, GA
Gwinnett County Public Schools, located in the metro-Atlanta area, is the largest school system in Georgia. One of every five Gwinnett County residents is a GCPS student.
Senior Network Engineer / 3 Month Contract Engagement
- Acted as Senior Network Engineer to support System Administrators at 82 Gwinnett County Public Schools, encompassing over 10,000 nodes
- Responsibilities included identification, diagnostics and troubleshooting, and resolution of all network and connectivity related faults, as well as secure design and implementation of new infrastructure and laboratory networks
- Responsible for all platforms including MS-DOS, Windows 3.11, Windows 9x, Novell 3.12 and 4.1, Windows NT 3.5, Windows NT 4.0, and AS/400, using Token Ring, Ethernet, and Twinax
Benedict College is committed to providing instruction which leads to the baccalaureate degrees in the arts, sciences and professional areas. Benedict College continues its historic emphasis on providing educational opportunities which will prepare African American students for full and complete participation in American society while seeking geographic, international and racial diversity in its student body.
Senior Network Engineer / 6 Month Contract Engagement
- Performed inventory and analysis of ~500 node campus infrastructure
- Responsible for planning, design, reconfiguration, implementation, and documentation of administrative and student networks on both PC and Macintosh platforms
- Replaced TCP/IP-over-IPX/SPX solution with a pure TCP/IP implementation, instituting Microsoft Proxy Server behind a T1 to provide controlled and monitored Internet access
- Instituted a secure campus Intranet and built an internal database for IS Systems Inventory using MS Access 97 and VBA to facilitate management of new infrastructure
- Hired and trained Network and Web Administrators
SKILLS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Experienced trainer and frequently requested public speaker
- Certifications include CISSP, CCSA, CCSE, CCSI, CSSE, CSSI, ICRE, OPST/T, VCA, VCE, VCP
- Have presented for the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA), Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), FBI InfraGard, Atlanta Telecommunications Professionals (ATP), Defcon, ShmooCon, LayerOne and Interz0nes, as well as at numerous international security events and conferences
- Member of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, Usenix, the Systems Administrators Guild, the Information Systems Security Association and the Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Director of Web Operations for Metro Atlanta Chapter of the ISSA for 2005
- Organizer and Point-of-Contact for "dc404," the Atlanta Defcon Security Group
- Founder of "kaos.theory/security.research group," authors of Anonym.OS
Professional recommendations at LinkedIn.
References available upon request.
HTML version | E-mailable HTML version | Plain Text (.txt) version | PDF.
Valid XHTML 1.1 / CSS 2.0